[Gdal-dev] gdal for ubuntu

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Fri Jun 2 17:54:11 EDT 2006

Neil Best wrote:
> Hello, everybody.  I have been trying to build gdal from source for
> my ubuntu breezy box and have had some problems building .debs for
> both 1.3.1 and 1.3.2.

Does it mean your problem is with building Debian packages (deb) or
building GDAL binaries from source?

> How can I learn more about the status of the debian/ sub-directory
> and the possibility of getting upgraded packages into the ubuntu
> repositories?

Do you mean 'debian' directory in GDAL sources tree?

> Anyone here involved with UbuntuGIS?
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGIS

I was involved for a while (2 months ago) as I'm Ubuntu user
but I had to break for a (longer) while. I'll try to be back in a 2-3
months.

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot