[Gdal-dev] Merging DEMs seamlessly

Ben Discoe ben at vterrain.org
Wed Jun 7 18:17:47 EDT 2006

Chris,

In my experience, merging USGS DEMs _always_ leaves tiny gaps.  That's why
merging data in the GDAL-based VTP software always includes a "fill gaps"
operation to do simple interpolation to fill those gaps for you.

For more info, http://vterrain.org/Doc/VTBuilder/overview.html

VTBuilder has seen heavy use by many people for many years because
unattended elevation processing, besides being highly un-visual, so often
runs into these sorts of problems.

-Ben