[Gdal-dev] gdal_rasterize and ployline SHP files

p.willis at telus.net p.willis at telus.net
Wed Jun 7 21:30:05 EDT 2006

hello,

Does gdal_rasterize work with polylines from Esri Shape files?
I am having a few problems getting it to actually burn the
polylines from a shapefile into a geotiff raster.

I get the message:

100-done

,but when I look at the geotiff, it remains exactly as it was.

At first I thought the geography of the raster and SHP file might
be different so I made sure that both were UTM and the same zone.
Still a no go.

my command line was:

gdal_rasterize -b 1 -b 2 -b 3 -burn 255 -burn 255 -burn 255 -l myUTM myUTM.shp
someUTM.tif

I am working in cygwin under WinXP.

Any ideas would be helpful,

Peter Willis