[Gdal-dev] ogrinfo and oracle spatial

Daniel Goetz madprof at gmx.ch
Fri Jun 9 05:00:21 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am new here. And I have a problem. I want to show geodata lying in an oracle spatial database via mapserver and I want to do this by using the OGR interface. My previous attempts to do so failed the mapserver telling me: "msOracleSpatialLayerOpen(): OracleSpatial error. OracleSpatial is not supported "

So I wanted to test whether oraclespatial is supportes by OGR and I want to do so using ogrinfo. I have installed the latest ms4w on my computer and the oracle client 9i release 2 version (one on drive c:\  and the other on drive d:\). the actual data lie on a server in the intranet.

I downloaded FWTools and launched the setfw.bat. for testing purpose I launched the command "ogrinfo c:\ms4w\apache\htdocs\test" where I have some Shapefiles lying. ogrinfo told me that there are two shapefiles what is the truth.

but now I don't know the command to test my database. I tried the following command: "ogrinfo oci:ggs_brwk2004_umn/umn at gds1prod". But ogrinfo told me that it was unable to open the datasource.

Can anybody help me, please? Might it be that I have installed the oracle client on the "wrong" drive?

Thaank you so much for your help.

regards

Daniel Goetz