[Gdal-dev] Changes to and upgrade of the Perl bindings

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Tue Jun 13 13:54:29 EDT 2006

Frank Warmerdam kirjoitti:
> too disruptive.  If you are proposing a substantial/distruptive
> change you might consider writing up a proposal either as an
> RFC or just a clear question by email for vote by the PMC.
>
> For the most part I don't understand the implications of what you
> are proposing, but I'm likely to accept your advice since you know
> the area well.

I'm not very sure of the implications myself but my impression from the
minor feedback is that the Perl bindings are not yet used much for any
production systems, so there are no big concerns. However, my own CPAN
modules have to be in sync with these, thus the releases have to be in sync.

I saw somewhere mentioned a release schedule. Is there a chance of
having a release before end of this month? From my point of view it
could be a good thing to have things released before iEMSs, which is
July 7-14. But of course I'll adjust to what's possible.

Ari

--
Prof. Ari Jolma
Kartografia ja Geoinformatiikka / Cartography and Geoinformatics