[Gdal-dev] Compile GDAL with VS2005 (BuildKit Source Code)

Zhonghai Wang zhonghaiw at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 16:36:57 EDT 2006

Hi Howard,

thanks you so much for the important HINTS.

so you mean that I must compile all the needed libraries in the BuildKit
package myself with VS2005? Is this compilation guide still valid for the
whole compilation?
http://www.nabble.com/Windows-build-kit-for-MSVC-7.1-t1143108.html#a2997024>
http://www.nabble.com/Windows-build-kit-for-MSVC-7.1-t1143108.html#a2997024.<http://www.nabble.com/Windows-build-kit-for-MSVC-7.1-t1143108.html#a2997024>

so the steps may be:
1. compile the required libraries for GDAL (according to the component that
I need)
2. compile GDAL
3. compile the required libraries for MapServer
4. compile MapServer

and here is the last question^_^:
what does the command "nmake /f makefile.vc install" mean? for this command
which parameters in the nmake.opt file should be set correctly?

I really appreciate your help.

best regards

zhonghai