[Gdal-dev] How to set a ColorTable from scratch?

Joaquim Luis jluis at ualg.pt
Thu Jun 22 15:39:17 EDT 2006

> Joaquim,
>
> Sorry about that.  The color table should be allocate with
> GDALCreateColorTable().
>
> eg.
>
> hColorTable = GDALCreateColorTable( GPI_RGB );

Frank,
Thanks (it works now) but let me abuse of your patience with one last
question.
the
hColorTable = GDALCreateColorTable( GPI_RGB );
aways allocates a 256 color table. Is it possible to control the number
of color entries ?
Or, alternatively, to remove a certain number of colors from the 256?
The code I'm working in is a Matlab MEX file. The only thing the code
knows is that it received
a ML colormap and those, by default, have only 64  colors (but they can
also have up to 256).

Joaquim