[Gdal-dev] Breaking long lines/boundaries with OGR function?

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Mon Jun 26 03:53:24 EDT 2006

Markus,

I'm not sure why the import should be effected by the spatial extents etc. In my
code I "import" data from OGR each time I render it and there's no big overhead
because of that. The code is also extremely simple. What would you consider
"complicated"? I've for example looked at ghssh coastline data and they render
reasonably fast.

Of course I don't know much about the way GRASS stored vector data or about the
import tool :-)

Ari