[Gdal-dev] MrSID / ENVI conflict

Collins, Benjamin collinsb at mitre.org
Mon Jun 26 13:36:26 EDT 2006

To all,
I could not find this addressed elsewhere, so I'm asking the list:

When running gdalinfo (and other commands!) on a MrSID image that I
have, I am getting the report that "ENVI / ENVI .hdr Labelled" driver
is reading the image.  I did build gdal with MrSID support, and am
seeing the format show up in the '--formats' list.  It is getting the
image dimensions right, and is reading the projection information
correctly, but is obviously not the right driver (the block size and
color interpretation are both wrong).  When I use a modified gdalinfo
that has the call "GDALAllRegister()" replaced with
"GDALRegister_MrSID()" the image is correctly read.  Is this a problem
that others have run into?

If this is indeed not my problem, how should I solve this?  I do not
really need the ENVI driver, so I guess I could rebuild with this
support disabled.  But this does not seen so elegant.

It also brought to mind the idea that a user could want to request a
specific driver be used to load an image.  This does not seen possible
now.  Could/should the API be extended?

Thanks,
--
Ben Collins