[Gdal-dev] jp2kak on OSX

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Jun 26 13:52:40 EDT 2006

Dave Robertson wrote:
> Frank,
> Thanks for the advice.
>
> ./configure --without-python --without-ecw --without-libtool
> --with-kakadu=< my absolute path to kakadu 5.1 >
>
> Compiling gdal using the above configuration now returns a different set
> of undefined symbols, but still appears to be using libtool somewhere in
> the process.
>

> ld: Undefined symbols:
> __ZN11kdu_tiffdir12write_headerEP21kdu_compressed_targetx
> __ZN11kdu_tiffdir4initEb
> __ZN11kdu_tiffdir5closeEv
> __ZN11kdu_tiffdir7opendirEP21kdu_compressed_source
> __ZN11kdu_tiffdir8copy_tagERS_j
> __ZN11kdu_tiffdir8open_tagEj
> __ZN11kdu_tiffdir8read_tagEjiPd
> __ZN11kdu_tiffdir8read_tagEjiPj
> __ZN11kdu_tiffdir8read_tagEjiPt
> __ZN11kdu_tiffdir8writedirEP21kdu_compressed_targetx
> __ZN11kdu_tiffdir9write_tagEjiPd
> __ZN11kdu_tiffdir9write_tagEjiPt
> __ZN11kdu_tiffdir10create_tagEj
> __ZN11kdu_tiffdir13get_dirlengthEv
> __ZN11kdu_tiffdir9write_tagEjiPj
> __ZN12jpx_metanode12get_existingERP14jp2_family_src
> __ZN12jpx_metanode14get_descendantEi
> __ZN12jpx_metanode8get_uuidEPh
> __ZN16jpx_meta_manager11access_rootEv
> /usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
> make[1]: ***
> [/Volumes/FW28G/FW55G/projects/Searcher/gdal-kdu/gdal-1.3.2/libgdal.dylib]
> Error 1
> make: *** [check-lib] Error 2
>
> Any suggestions?

Dave,

I think Ben's advice is likely good with regard to adding the extra files.
However, I see that the link error is still reporting use of libtool.  So
somehow I don't think the --without-libtool re-configuration quite stuck
properly.  You might want to make sure you do a "make clean" and then
re-configure.