[Gdal-dev] need suggestions about TIFF image processing

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at epf.pl
Wed Jun 28 13:17:53 EDT 2006

On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 12:42:20 +0200
"Zhonghai Wang" <zhonghaiw at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I have about 200 RGB TIFFs (24bit) for my application, since the
> color is not so nice enough, I want to make some changes, therefore I
> need a software to do it, and even to convert the image format, such
> as TIFF to GIF.

gdal_translate, in a loop like this (using BASH on Linux, mind my
limited scripting skills but works, gifs will be stored in your
current dir):

#!/bin/bash

LIST=$(ls /the/dir/where/tiffs/are | grep -i ".tif")
#					       ^^^
#				adjust the extension as needed

for FILE in $LIST;
do

	echo
	echo Converting: $FILE

	# optional to convert all filenames to lowercase:
	# FILE_LOW=`echo $FILE | tr A-Z a-z`

	gdal_translate $FILE `basename $FILE .tif`.gif

done

> Both opensource and commercial software will do.

opensource is not contrary to commercial - take GDAL for example :).

Maciek

CIEP?E KRAJE - CIEP?E MORZA. Szukasz atrakcyjnego wypoczynku w przyst?pnej cenie, zapoznaj si? z nasz? ofert?.
ZAPRASZAMY

www.skarpatravel.pl