[Gdal-dev] ArcView binary raster support

Vincent Schut schut at sarvision.nl
Fri Jun 30 05:49:37 EDT 2006

Hi Frank, others,

We (SarVision BV, see www.sarvision.nl) regularly need to supply raster
data to clients who only (want to) work with ArcView. Alas, ArcView is
rather picky regarding raster import support, especially when concerning
the more unusual data types like float and signed int. We think that,
though ArcGis is available now which provides slightly better raster
support, a lot of our clients will continue to work with ArcView.
Therefore the following questions:

Would it be possible to add support to gdal for native ArcView raster
files, including other datatypes than simple ints, and (basic)
projection support?
If so, could you give an estimate of the costs to hire you to do this?

BTW I send this message to the list rather than directly to Frank
because maybe others are interested too and willing to share the cost :-)

Regards,
Vincent Schut.