[Gdal-dev] Defining Australian Map Grid in GDAL

Andrew Williams awilliams at rapidmap.com.au
Wed Mar 1 01:22:24 EST 2006

OK I've narrowed it down. Jacob is correct, there is a problem handling AGD datums. With the TFW file in the same directory as the source image I've attenpted to translate the image using the following command line

gdalwarp -s_srs "+proj=utm +zone=55 +south +a=6378160 +rf=298.250000000055" -t_srs "+proj=latlong +datum=WGS84" -co "TFW=YES" image_in.tif image_out.tif

What is happening is that the system is being converted from grid to latlong but the source datum is still adopting WGS84. Therefore 200 odd metres out when computed to latlong.

I have checked the varios csv's such as gcs, pcs, datum and ellipsoid and the correct parameter appear to be in place.

The TFW only defines the top left corner of the image and the pixel dimension. Why would GDAL assume WGS84 when I have defined override parameters?

Do I need to take Jacob's file and insert it into one of these other csv's? Any other ideas?

regards
Andrew