[Gdal-dev] vmap0 data, Feature Count 0

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Fri Mar 3 09:34:38 EST 2006

On Fri, Mar 03, 2006 at 09:30:52AM +0200, Ari Jolma wrote:
> I can't fix for the problem of reading the actual vmap0 data (I see the
> header data, which says Feature Count 0 for political boundaries for
> example) with OGR. In GRASSNews vol3 Markus writes about removing
> trailing dots and changing uppercase directories to lower case but there
> aren't such in my version of vmap0 data (the lists that the shell script
> produces are empty). Any advice?

Ari,

trailing dots depend on the VMAP0 zone. These data are
not identily in their structure. Who knows why.

Please also see our erratum if my script doesn't
work for you:
 http://grass.itc.it/newsletter/GRASSNews_vol3_erratum.txt

It's also important to have a rather fresh OGDI driver,
not older than one year, if I recall correctly.

It probably also depends on the operating system.
Some are case sensitive, others not.

Markus

--
Markus Neteler     <neteler itc it>       http://mpa.itc.it