[Gdal-dev] Set attribute fields with constants from command line in ogr2ogr

rob at dataflowdesign.com rob at dataflowdesign.com
Sun Mar 5 16:17:19 EST 2006

I am using ogr to load SDTS files into Postgresql with postgis. Is
there a way that I can set a field to a constant value in all rows
inserted during a single ogr2ogr execution?

For example, my output RIVERS table contains a field called
UNIQUE_LOAD_ID (as well as geometry and other attributes).
I want to be able to set UNIQUE_LOAD_ID = some constant defined on
the command line for all river features loaded from the SDTS
file. This could also be a date/timestamp, username, file name, etc.

Regards,
Rob