[Gdal-dev] GDAL + Link Error

salah jubeh s_jubeh at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 9 07:16:48 EST 2006

Hello Guys

  I have downloaded HDF distribution from their web site the distribution seems to be built by VC7 , the distribution has two folders debug and release.

  I tried to build gdal with HDF support but it failed it give me a link error.
  I have edited gdal  nmake.opt to specify the hdf location folder , i specefy it like this

  # Uncomment the following and update to enable NCSA HDF Release 4 support.
  HDF4_DIR = C:\projects\42r1-win\release
  HDF4_LIB = /LIBPATH:$(HDF4_DIR)\lib Ws2_32.lib

  why i get the link error

  LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'HD421m.lib'

  I checked this file and it is exist in
  C:\projects\42r1-win\release\dll

  Also what is Ws2_32.lib i have nothing like this in the HDF distribution folder.

  Regards