[Gdal-dev] ArcGrid to IMG conversion: huge file

Petteri Packalen packalen at cs.joensuu.fi
Thu Mar 9 11:40:42 EST 2006

Hi,

More clarification about this IMAGINE nodata issue. IMAGINE prefers the
term BACKGROUND. It isn't strictly "notada" as we understand the concept.
Often zero is used as background value but it cannot be defined in
IMG-file (at least I haven't found such a functionality in 10+ years).
Many dialogs has an option "Ignore Zero in Stats" which serves a kind of
surrogate to nodata functionality. Some import dialogs allows user to
select whether "nodata" is converted to zero or e.g. minimum value of the
current datatype.

Best regards
Petteri

Petteri Packalén