[Gdal-dev] ogr2ogr MID/MIF append

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Mar 9 11:45:09 EST 2006

mirza wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have problem trying to convert multiple shape files to single MID/MIF.
> Every time I run:
>
> ogr2ogr -append -dsco APPEND=YES -lco APPEND=YES -f "MapInfo File"
> test.mif my_shape.shp
>
> it creates new mid/mif (rewrites old one).

Mirza,

The MID/MIF driver does not support append.  The TAB driver doesn't
seem to support update to an existing file (ie. append) either.

You will pretty much need to append all your data into one big
shapefile and then translate to mapinfo format.

BTW, I think you might want to use -update and -append options.