[Gdal-dev] ogr2ogr: double -> integer conversion problem

mirza mirza at seznam.cz
Fri Mar 10 10:30:32 EST 2006

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> My decision some time ago was to pretend that these are doubles rather than
> deal with adding some sort of 64bit integer type to shapelib.

Frank,

I think it should be converted to int64 because many big data providers
(like TeleAtlas) uses this for element ID and if you handle it as double
you get something like 1.22434E15, which is not nice ID at all. Of
course, it is possible to tweak how double is formated but it is more
complex then simply converting it to int64.

I created shp2mif utility today to deal with this (if anyone needs it I
can send it, it is only row converter, no coord. sys. transfers).

Regards,

Mirza