[Gdal-dev] DODS and GDAL and Windows

Christopher Condit condit at sdsc.edu
Fri Mar 10 13:45:23 EST 2006

I'm trying to move DODS data into a more usable format using
gdal_translate, but am having some troubles.  I've got the latest GDAL
from CVS - and libDAP installed on my Windows 2k3 machine.  I updated
the nmake to include the appropriate references to PTHREAD and CURL.  I
created the makefile.vc for DODS.  Everything builds and links.

C:\develop\gdal>apps\gdalinfo "http://queequeg.marine.rutgers.
edu:9876/dodsC/expprod.nc.ascii?export_production.export_production[0][y
][x]"
Warning 1: I connected to the URL but could not get a DAP 3.x version
string
from the server.  I will continue to connect but access may fail.
Assertion failed: OK(), file ..\Error.cc, line 320

way.

I stepped through with the debugger, and this crash is coming from here:
Dodsdataset2.cpp:1237
DODSDataset *poDODS = dynamic_cast<DODSDataset *>(poDS);

1) This should work on Windows, right?
2) Am I referencing the data source incorrectly?
3) Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Chris