[Gdal-dev] Can't get NoDataValue for dataset

Holywhippet amills at frogtech.com.au
Mon Mar 13 20:00:08 EST 2006

 I'm writing a simple program to extract the data values for each location in
a raster. As part of this though, I don't want to output the No Data Values.
For some reason though, Gdal won't give me the No Data Value. When I call
the GetNoDataValue function (in Python) in the Band class it returns None. I
tried calling the GDALGetRasterNoDataValue function directly and it returns
-10000000000.0 for the NDV and -941860_int_p for the success fiag. The
actual NDV is -3.402823E+38.

 All the datasets I've been working with are Erdas Imagine type.