[Gdal-dev] Mac OS X installers Panther vs Tiger

Jeroen Ticheler Jeroen.Ticheler at fao.org
Wed Mar 22 03:45:13 EST 2006

Hi William and others!
First of all, we really appreciate your work on providing binaries
VERY much!! Being the source of the uproar :-( I feel I need to make
a small note on the poll as it stands. I see that the majority would
like to see Tiger only binaries. I would like to see a second poll,
or feedback on who is running XServe with Panther or Tiger? Or are
most of us running MapServer on desktop/laptop macs? We run the
binaries on an XServe with Panther, and the last thing I would like
to go through at this stage is to upgrade the OS to Tiger just
because of this. The server runs smoothly ever since we have it and
its a kind of a nightmare for me to have to upgrade or start
compiling the stuff myself :-( (I run Tiger on my PowerBook).
I hope a Panther run/Tiger dev can be a reasonable compromise!?
Ciao,
Jeroen