[Gdal-dev] Crash with Difference function

Gerretsen, A. agerretsen at nlr.nl
Fri Mar 24 05:39:11 EST 2006

Hi,

I have made a tool that uses the OGRGeometry::Difference function to subtract geometries from each other. The geometries
to subtract are read from shapefiles. On some shapefiles the tool works fine, but on others the Difference function
crashes (and the tool stops).

Does anybody know on what kind of geometries the Difference function crashes? I have tried to look at the number of
points, number of interior rings, etc. But I can not find a logic in why some crash, while others work fine. Any
information on this would be very welcome.

Thanks,
Arno