[Gdal-dev] gdalwarp with MEM format

Upendra upendra_gis at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 27 18:03:06 EST 2006

Hello,
  I am new to GDAL API. Could anyone help give me some
hint on this? In "GDAL FAQ" section in the GDAL
homepage, one of the questions is:
  Why won't gdalwarp or gdal_merge write to most
formats?

And in the answer, I see the following statement:

 "When you encounter this problem it is generally a
good idea to first write the result to GeoTIFF format,
and then translate to the desired target format."

Is it possible to write the data first to MEM format
instead of GeoTIFF format and then translate to the
desired target format? Could there be any problems?
That way I don't have to write to the disk.

Regards,
Upendra