[Gdal-dev] FOSS4G 2006 Conference

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Wed Mar 29 14:31:15 EST 2006

Frank Warmerdam kirjoitti:

> Right, workshops in foss4g terminology are half day "on the computer"
> tutorials.  I did a couple workshops at the Ottawa conference and they
> are a huge amount of work to prepare - and those were shorter.

eh, I'm not sure if my message was clear, I'm not so interested in
attending a GDAL/OGR FOSS4G workshop; although I might be interested in
helping with such a workshop in the topic of GDAL/OGR Swig if someone
wants to suggest such -- I think that would also directly help me in my
teaching at TKK

But definitely a GDAL/OGR developer BoF is interesting to me.

> Well, this would certainly be an interesting topic for discussion.  WCS
> is rather a natural match for GDAL and I have had a vague intention to
> make GDAL able to act as a WCS client for a long time.  But I never had a
> compelling enough reason to actually make me do it.

If I find money that I can use for this purpose, I could give you the
reason ;-) BTW, what would be the price tag on something like this?

> WFS, especially
> WFS-T, would be possible with OGR but I think for the time being it
> would be better to improve GML support before trying that.  It might
> make sense to do it for the simplified GML profile (GML3L0?  GML For
> Simple
> Features?).

This is a topic that I would be interested in attending a workshop. My
practical knowledge on WFS or GML is rather slim.

Ari

--
Prof. Ari Jolma
Kartografia ja Geoinformatiikka / Cartography and Geoinformatics