[Gdal-dev] GDAL 1.3.2 Beta 2 Released

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon May 1 09:32:55 EDT 2006

Dion Wooning wrote:
> Mmm. Perhaps it is a problem with my GNUmake, which is 3.79.1 (for
> i386-redhat-linux-gnu).
>
> I see lines like
>
> LIBS            := $(filter-out -ldbmalloc,$(LIBS))
>
> Between the first definition of LIBS and the definition of DWG_LIBS. As
> these use simple expansion, perhaps this is causing the reference to
> DWG_LIBS to be taken out?
> ( See http://www.gnu.org/software/make/manual/make.html#Flavors )

Dion,

Aha!  A very astute observation.  This is only applied in release
builds (not debug as I normally use) and so I don't see this effect when
I am developing.  I'll reorder things appropriately.

The := operate is different than = in the way it evaluates right
right hand side and assigns to the left.