[Gdal-dev] GTIFF colour table for UInt16 data type

Richard Matsunaga richard at waypointinfo.com
Wed May 10 16:06:54 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I have been unsuccessful in generating a UInt16 GTIFF with colours. The best
I have achieved is grayscale by not applying any colour table. The next best
is a single colour of my choice. I am writing all 65536 colour entries in
the colour table.

By changing to a byte GTIFF, the colouring works as expected, but the data I
wish to represent in my TIFF will sometimes require better resolution than a
byte.

Is there something I am doing wrong or is this a limitation of a UInt16
GTIFF?

Cheers,
Richard