[Gdal-dev] Building with CMake

Alessandro Amici lists at b-open-solutions.it
Thu May 11 03:47:38 EDT 2006

Jordi,

Alle 23:13, mercoledì 10 maggio 2006, Jordi Inglada ha scritto:
> I just learned that there exists a ruby script called am2cmake which
> can be very useful to make the conversion, but the Makefile.am files
> are needed. I have not seen them in the gdal CVS source tree.

as stated in http://www.gdal.org/gdal_building.html the GDAL build
systems depends explicitely on GNUmake on unix platforms. FYI, the
build rules, that are found mainly into files named GNUmakefile,
contain a number of non-trivial use cases.

moreover, many branches of the gdal source tree are actually taken out
more or less stright of different projects and have thier own build
systems.

> What do you suggest for our gdal encapsulation with CMake?

i don't personally know cmake, but i think porting GDAL to any
homogeneous build system is a major task, and i advise for looking for
other solutions first.

cheers,
alessandro

--