[Gdal-dev] unable to load proj.4

EllenD ellen.debeuckeleer at incgeo.be
Wed May 17 09:03:54 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am converting my Visual Studio 2003 projects to Visual Studio 2005 and
thus I need to rebuild the GDAL library (1.3.1) using VS2005. Building was
successfull for the VS2003 build and everything worked fine. Now, I
succesfully build GDAL (1.3.1) with VS2005, but I get the following error
when executing an executable project build under VS2005 and linking against
the VS2005 gdal_i.lib.(The same executable worked fine when build with
VS2003) :

Error 6: Unable to load proj.4 (proj.dll), creation of
OGRCoordinateTransformation failed.

Any ideas what might go wrong? (I could only find some related links which
where posted in 2001 (eg  here  ), but they didn't solve the problem...)

Thanks!

Ellen