[Gdal-dev] GDAL v1.3.2 on linux - no PGEO driver

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Thu May 18 17:12:47 EDT 2006

Stuart Eve wrote:
> Apologies for cross-posting! I am currently working through a method
> of accessing personal geodatabases from a linux platform. I have now
> upgraded my gdal to 1.3.2, but the PGeo driver doesn't seem to be
> available anymore. It was available to me on 1.3.1 - are there any
> special flags I need to use when compiling? And if not is there a way
> to rollback to 1.3.1 (I know there is no 'make uninstall'
> (bug 133)).

Hi Stuart,

I found some minor issue in building configuration that seems to be
causing this problem.
I'm working on it to fix.

But I'd need your assistance with PGeo driver.

First, as I know ODBC on Linux is not working well and this subject need
to be checked. PGeo as dependant on ODBC, seems to also need to be checked.

So, could you provide me with some details about how PGeo was running on
Linux? Have you noticed any problems? Was it running stable?
If you'd have any comments, please share them all :-)

Cheers
--
Mateusz Łoskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net