[Gdal-dev] Re: AVHRR NOAA level 1b

Juan Castaneda juan.castaneda at nuigalway.ie
Fri May 19 06:59:22 EDT 2006

We have a receiver and download images continously. The software we have
produces level 1b images and can export to .img. Those img are correctly
geocoded and they work fine. But I cannot set that software up to create
.img images for each l1b produced. So I thaught GDAL would do the work.

I have tryed using gdalwrap -tps but it doesn't seem to work. It
produces errors of 600Km... it's way too much. I'm more like a GIS guy
so I took the GCPs from gdalinfo and using ArcGIS I attempted to
geocode. It produced pretty much the same results as gdal. I'm wondering
if I am missing something! should I have to apply some other correction?
Maybe I am taking the same assumptions as gdalwrap and they are wrong.
Maybe the GCPs read from gdal are not correct.

I appreciate any thoughts

Juan C