[Gdal-dev] ogr gml reader needs an update

Peter Rushforth peter.rushforth at gmail.com
Sun May 21 05:07:24 EDT 2006

I think the gml reader needs to be updated to allow for string field
widths to be recognized from either an available xsd or gfs file.

Could someone give me some pointers as to where to jump in?
The ogr2ogr.cpp must have some kind of abstract feature that
it uses in order to translate between feature types...  I must have
to start there no?

Here's what I think needs doing:

I can see that gmlfeatureclass.cpp is where the system reads
the specs from the gfs file.  parsexsd.cpp is where it reads them
from the xsd file.  I would need to create getters and setters for
m_nWidth in gmlreader.cpp and gmlreader.h.

Once that was done, how would the ogr2ogr system know to use
the new property when creating output?

Thanks for any advice

Cheers,
Peter