[Gdal-dev] unable to load proj.4

Ellen De Beuckeleer ellen.debeuckeleer at incgeo.be
Tue May 23 08:04:56 EDT 2006

oeps.... forgot to include list....

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Gdal-dev] unable to load proj.4
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 14:02:58 +0200
From: Ellen De Beuckeleer <ellen.debeuckeleer at incgeo.be>
To: Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com>
<4446821.post at talk.nabble.com>	<1147944913.5105.8.camel at geru-itae>
<446C9132.603 at incgeo.be> <446CBD52.5060103 at pobox.com>
<446D8DA1.2050603 at incgeo.be> <446DD9CE.2010701 at pobox.com>

Frank,

Sorry for the delay.

> Why did you expect 298.2572235629972 as the inverse flattening for WGS84?

I ran gdalinfo on my .tiff file command line and I got that number.
Below is part of the gdalinfo output:

*****
Driver: GTiff/GeoTIFF
Size is 8101, 7121
Coordinate System is:
PROJCS["WGS 84 / UTM zone 11N",
     GEOGCS["WGS 84",
         DATUM["WGS_1984",
             SPHEROID["WGS 84",6378137,298.2572235629972,
                 AUTHORITY["EPSG","7030"]],
             AUTHORITY["EPSG","6326"]],
         PRIMEM["Greenwich",0],
         UNIT["degree",0.0174532925199433],
         AUTHORITY["EPSG","4326"]],
     PROJECTION["Transverse_Mercator"],
     PARAMETER["latitude_of_origin",0],
     PARAMETER["central_meridian",-117],
     PARAMETER["scale_factor",0.9996],
     PARAMETER["false_easting",500000],
     PARAMETER["false_northing",0],
     UNIT["metre",1,
         AUTHORITY["EPSG","9001"]],
     AUTHORITY["EPSG","32611"]]
*****

>> Furthermore, is it possible to include the EPSG support files in the
>> gdal .dll file? It would be nice if I could run the program on other
>> computers without setting the GDAL_DATA variable manually.
>

> This would be desirable, and I have considered implementing it but never
> got around to it.

I think in the future we will have to do this ourselfs. I however, have
not much experience in adding stuff to a dll, so it might take some
time. If we do find a way to include the EPSG support files in the gdal
.dll I will post it.

Regards,

Ellen