[Gdal-dev] Building DLL's on Windows

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Mon May 29 16:35:19 EDT 2006

Sorry, this is not in fact GDAL issue, but I know here are some
knowledgeable people.

I've tried with a colleague to compile libral on Windows. I've used
Cygwin and gcc and descriptions on cygwin site. I manage to make a DLL,
and I can study it using, e.g., dependency walker. But when I try to use
it I have problems. I tried the simplest possible DLL and then Windows
Perl & module Win32::API, with which I should be able to open and call
any DLLs. I can call a function from Kernel32.dll but not from my DLL.

I selected cygwin, because configure works there. configure worked but
did not produce a DLL (it produces a shared object in linux ok).

Does anybody have good pointers or advice what to try next? The idea is
to produce a libral DLL, which would then be called from MapWindow in
this case. GDAL would or is probably also used by MapWindow.

Thanks,

Ari

--
Prof. Ari Jolma
Kartografia ja Geoinformatiikka / Cartography and Geoinformatics