[Gdal-dev] C# Bindings

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 14:31:09 EST 2006

> > We can see it exactly. But for a conventional C# user it would be more
> > affordable
> > to select a proper function overload instead of taking care of the
> > expected default values.
>
> I'm afraid I don't understand what you are telling me.  I am
> suggesting that you should pass zeros into the C++ RasterIO()
> method when the no particulars are provided by the caller.  And
> then the C++ computes appropriate values.

It's just an aesthetic issue not a technical. For C# we cannot use the
conventional notation when declaring with default values as:

public int MyFunction(int value1, int value2, int value3 = 23);

Instead we have to use overloads like:

public int MyFunction(int value1, int value2, int value3);
public int MyFunction(int value1, int value2);

But of course the user could keep in mind that passing 23 as value3
will result the same
as having the second one.

Best Regards,

Tamas