[Gdal-dev] Motion: Adopt OSGeo Project Sponsorship Program

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Nov 6 15:53:48 EST 2006

Howard Butler wrote:
> +1 on joining the OSGeo Project Sponsorship program.

Howard,

Thanks

> I hereby move that any disbursements of project sponsorship funds be
> accompanied by a motion to the PSC.

I had assumed this as the meaning of decisions on dispersements having
to be made by the PSC.  I meant for this to be via an official motion to the
list.  This is also covered in the project sponsorship proposal with the
line "To pass well documented motions for any expenditure of funds from
the project sponsorship fund."

> I hereby move that all motions to the PSC be documented on a page on the
> website for historical and accounting reasons and to pluck them out of
> the rigamarole of day-to-day list traffic.

I'd rule this motion out of order because it doesn't comply with it's own
requirement to be documented on a web page.  But instead, I have created
said page.

  gdal/rfc/psc_motions.dox

Appearing on the web as:

  http://www.gdal.org/psc_motions.html

So, lets put any motions we consider worth remembering in there.  If you want
your motion to be official, then add it there, and update it after the two
day voting period.   I do think that real motions to the mailing list ought
to be issued as their own thread prefixed with Motion:

I'm +0 on your motion.  I basically think the idea is good, but that it
would be sufficient to document this at some future date in an RFC 1
revision.  For now we can just make your suggestion part of our approach
without it being officially mandated.