[Gdal-dev] gdal install errors

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Nov 9 10:27:33 EST 2006

Martin Wegmann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I tried on a fresh debian testing system to install the official gdal 1.3.2
> source code and the cvs code (today), both resulted in the error messages
> below when executing make.
>
> Any hint, how to fix it is appreciated.
>
> regards, Martin

Martin,

Could you try this with a CVS snapshot to verify this isn't already fixed
since spring?  You might also try installing GDAL without GRASS support,
and then building and installing the grass driver as a plugin.  This can
be done using:

   http://www.gdal.org/dl/gdal-grass-1.3.2.tar.gz

The plugin is more used, and better tested these days.