[Gdal-dev] Setting ModelPixelScale in a GeoTIFF Elevation Model?

Thomas Hottendorff thomas.hottendorff at web.de
Thu Nov 9 16:00:36 EST 2006

Dear all,

I'm creating geotiffs from arc-ascii grids using gdal_translate. Now I'm
facing the problem that the third value of the ModelPixelScale tag
(height scale) does not get set to 1 as I would expect but stays 0.

Can anybody give me a hint on how to set it to 1 with gdal_translate? (I
figured
that option -mo might be used for this but couldn't get it to work).

Alternatively, maybe somebody can post a few lines of python code to do
the job?.

Secondly, I'd also like to set the vertical reference system in the GeoTIFF.
Can this be done with gdal_translate or likewise with some python code?

Many thanks in advance,

Thomas