[Gdal-dev] Dataset.i - ReadRaster/WriteRaster

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Nov 15 18:01:14 EST 2006

Tamas,

I am now trying to primarily run with the next generation swig bindings.
In doing so I have discovered that the ReadRaster() method was never
implemented in Dataset.i.  Also, though WriteRaster was done, it does not
seem to work the same as in Band.i.  Since you have recently dealing with
these methods at the Band level, would you be willing to do the same for the
Dataset?

Currently the lack of these is breaking the tiff_write.py autotest script.
If you can implement it, I'll give it a try.  If you don't have time to
address this let me know, and I'll find some other solution.  I took a
brief run at it, but got confused.