[Gdal-dev] input format

Matt Hanson mhanson at photon.com
Mon Nov 20 14:40:17 EST 2006

In thinking about this more, it would be really easy to specify a format if there was a way to register drivers using text string.   Is there a way to do this?   So, instead of having to call
Register_VRT
you call
RegisterDriver("VRT")
Easy enough for me to write my own function to do this with all the drivers, but it may be useful enough for other users.

This way you can write an exe that takes in format as a string, and you only Register that format and read in that file.  Follow it up with a RegisterAll() if the program makes use of other formats.    A similar UnregisterDriver(string format) would be userful as well.