[Gdal-dev] GDALWarpOptions - Destination dataset issue

Guillaume Bourel gbourel at ago.fr
Wed Nov 22 09:11:13 EST 2006

Hi,

I am currently trying to warp GeoTiff data with any geographic
coordinate system into WGS84 with Mercator projection, within a C++ project.

I do believe this should be done by using GDALWarpRegionToBuffer, which
needs a GDALWarpOperation, which, itself, needs a GDALWarpOptions.

GDALWarpOptions reference explains :

    GDALDatasetH GDALWarpOptions::hDstDS
    <http://gdal.maptools.org/structGDALWarpOptions.html#o5>
    Destination image dataset - may be NULL if only using
    GDALWarpOperation::WarpRegionToBuffer()
    <http://gdal.maptools.org/classGDALWarpOperation.html#a7>.

but GDALWarpOperation::Initialize or GDALCreateWarpOperation both
returns CE_Failure, if hDstDS is set to NULL
(behavior due to ValidateOptions() call, which checks hDstDS isn't
NULL). Therefore, creation of the GDALWarpOperation fails.
And, as I don't have any destination file, my destination dataset is NULL.

I don't understand what I'm doing wrong,
if someone could explain me the way I should follow to successfully
create a GDALWarpOperation in order to use it with GDALWarpRegionToBuffer.

Best regards,
Guillaume.

--
BOUREL Guillaume - ATLANTIDE