[Gdal-dev] ogr2ogr MapINfo bug?

Bill Thoen bthoen at gisnet.com
Fri Nov 24 16:38:11 EST 2006

Ogr2ogr doesn't appear to work correctly for MapInfo output. I have a
PostGIS table of polygons, but when I issue the following:

ogr2ogr -f "MapInfo File" test.tab "PG:dbname=spatial1" -sql "select
the_geom, id, gridcode from adams_v1 where gridcode=72 limit 50"

I get a MapInfo table with 50 records, but no map features. When I dump
this same selection as a shape file, the associated polygons come through
just fine. So, is this a known bug? Is there a newer version of GDAL since
1.3.2? Can I get a newer version of just ogr2ogr?

Any help would be appreciated!

- Bill Thoen