[Gdal-dev] ogr2ogr MapINfo bug?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sat Nov 25 11:24:42 EST 2006

Bill Thoen wrote:
> Frank,
>
> It does appear to be a bug. When I try to create a shapefile using the same
> parameters, the result appears to have no geometry associated with it. But
> when I use the PostGIS dumper to create the shapefile, I get good results.

Bill,

Ah, so the problem is, presumably, that OGR isn't seeing the geometry
of the PostGIS tables properly.  You might want to verify this with ogrinfo
against the postgis table.

> I've got samples of both results -- how do I go about filing a bug report?

Well, for filing a bug to be useful, I would really need to be able to
setup or access a postgis dataset setup the same as you have it.  So if
you want to file a bug make sure you will be including enough information
to reproduce the problem database.

> If I install FWtools will it cause any issues with the Proj4 and GDAL
> libraries I've already installed? Also, I'm using GEOS and Proj4 with
> PostGIS, so I don't want to break anything there either.

FWTools is a self-contained environment, and doesn't affect any other software
on your system - by design.