[Gdal-dev] warping MODIS data with gdal

Stephen Hagen steve.hagen at unh.edu
Tue Nov 28 09:12:53 EST 2006

On Thu, 2006-11-23 at 17:49 +0300, Andrey Kiselev wrote:
> Stephen,
>
> That is fixed now in CVS. Your dataset does not contain "HDFEOSVersion"
> metadata record, which is used by GDAL to deduce whether we have HDF-EOS
> or just plain HDF file. I added more logic to guess HDF-EOS variants.
>
> Best regards,
> Andrey

Thank you, Andrey. The HDF-EOS file (MOD09A1) and the projection
information is now recognized by gdalinfo.

Unfortunately, gdalwarp still fails to reproject this MODIS data
accurately. I looked into Charles Wivell's suggestion that this might be
related to confusion between geodetic and geocentric latitudes. I used
the +geoc parameter in proj4, but I still have incorrectly reprojected
data.

I'm at a dead-end. If anyone figures out a fix to this, please post!
Thanks for the responses.

Best regards,

Steve