[Gdal-dev] WCS Client Driver

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis at ec.gc.ca
Wed Oct 4 14:18:47 EDT 2006

OGC:WMS does not use it yet, but will (1.4.0?).  OGC:WFS 1.1.0 uses
owsCommon (http://schemas.opengis.net/wfs/1.1.0/wfs.xsd).

> > Frank: you may want to look at what we did for the
> OWSContext work for
> > binding to a WCS in a context doc.
>
> Could you provide a specific pointer for me, and what I
> should be looking for?

If you're an OGC member, an example is available at:

https://portal.opengeospatial.org/wiki/twiki/bin/view/OWSContextie/Web

Else, here's an XML snippet of what a WCS Coverge binding would look
like:

		<Coverage hidden="0">
			<Server service="OGC:WCS" version="1.0.0"
title="Boston Indexed Geotiff imagery">
				<OnlineResource method="GET"
xlink:type="simple"
xlink:href="http://webservices.ionicsoft.com/ionicwcs/coverage/BOSTONPOO
L"/>
			</Server>
			<Name>MOD_Grid_L2g_2d</Name>
			<Title>MOD_Grid_L2g_2d Coverage Offering</Title>
			<Abstract>MOD_Grid_L2g_2d Coverage Offering,
MOD09GHK data</Abstract>
			<MetadataURL format="text/xml">
				<OnlineResource xlink:type="simple"
xlink:href="http://webservices.ionicsoft.com/ionicwcs/coverage/BOSTONPOO
L/REQUEST/getdir/DIR/metadata/DATA/LPR/BOSTONPOOL/MOD_Grid_L2g_2d.xml"/>
			</MetadataURL>
			<SRS>EPSG:4326</SRS>
			<FormatList>
				<Format current="1">GEOTIFF</Format>
			</FormatList>
			<DimensionList>
				<Dimension name="time"
units="ISO8601">2003-12-01T14:55:00Z/2003-12-03T20:50:00Z</Dimension>
			</DimensionList>
			<ParameterList>
				<Parameter>
					<param:kvp name="band"