[Gdal-dev] Visual Studio 2005, GDAL and Manifests

Simon Perkins sy at perkins.net
Wed Oct 25 10:02:01 EDT 2006

Ben Discoe wrote:
> Not to flog a dead horse here, but i do have something useful to add:

Oh, there's a little life in this horse still... :)

> You can put your debug and release DLLs (e.g. gdal.dll and gdald.dll) in the
> same folder on your path so there is nothing to switch.

Yes, I see that the naming convention idea does help significantly here.
One question: do you build GDAL and then manually copy the DLLs from the
release or debug directories (as appropriate) into a common directory
that is on your PATH? Or do you modify the GDAL build configurations so
that both debug and release versions get built in the same directory,
and then put _that_ on your path (if that is even possible)? I'm just
trying to automate as much as possible...

Cheers,

Sy