[Gdal-dev] Visual Studio 2005, GDAL and Manifests

Simon Perkins sy at perkins.net
Wed Oct 25 15:14:06 EDT 2006

Hi,

Yep, that's a possible approach. Still, it does require me to remember
to copy those DLLs to whatever application debug and release directories
I'm currently working on. If I have more than one application (in
different solutions), that depend upon the GDAL, then I have to remember
to copy the DLLs to all applications that might need it.

Currently, what I do is have a little script that copies DLLs from my
GDAL release and debug build directories into a central location (e.g.
c:\dev\usr\bin) that is on my path. That central location also acts as a
convenient staging area for all the things that are eventually going to
get wrapped up into a windows installer.

Cheers,

Sy