[Gdal-dev] OT: Shapefile's multipatch

Paul Selormey paulselormey at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 17:41:46 EST 2006

Hello Frank,
Thanks for the mail and the information.
I am currently trying to implement a shape geometry reader/writer similar to
WKT/WKB readers/writers as part of my .NET port of JTS.
However, I wanted to make it very complete and therefore started looking for
information on the multipatch - currently no open source project I know includes
the support.

I do not have any data for testing yet, I am actually also looking for
some. So far,
there is a Geotools patch for multipatch that includes some data. However, the
patch does not support the triangle fan and strip and therefore does not include
any search test data.

Please can anyone on the list with experience in this field help with the data,
may be create them with ArcView for testing?

Best regards,
Paul.