[Gdal-dev] GDALDataset as a Base Class

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Fri Sep 1 16:30:01 EDT 2006

Matt Hanson wrote:
> There are some roadblocks to combining these two libraries but I
> think I have a decent plan of attack.

Matt,
I've not analyzed CImg deeply, but AFAI understand it.
it's implemented using different paradigm than GDAL.
The former is based om meta programming (the kingdom of static
polymorphism and compile time actions), the latter is based on
dynamic polymorphism.

What Ari said a message before, mixing these two worlds
may be a challange. Certainly, it's doable,
but I doubt you'll be able to mix it directly
for example directly inheriting CImg-like types from GDAL types.

Certainly, I don't know your ideas in details, so these are only some
general assumptions.

By the way, do you know GIL, I announced it here a some time ago:

http://opensource.adobe.com/gil/

It seems to be similar to CImg.

Cheers
--