[Gdal-dev] python gdal 1.3.2 and geos

Didrik Pinte dpinte at itae.be
Fri Sep 8 11:03:00 EDT 2006

Le mardi 05 septembre 2006 à 09:38 -0700, Christopher Barker a écrit :
> Didrik Pinte wrote:
> > Because of a problem between gdalnumeric and python-numpy, I have
> > uninstalled the following packages and kept only python-numeric :
> >
> > apt-get remove python-numpy python-numpy-ext python-scipy fftw3
> >
> > It solved the problem ! That's strange.
>
> That is very odd. the new numpy and the old Numeric should have no
> trouble at all co-existing.
>
> My guess is that it is a Debian bug -- perhaps the python-numpy package
> is set up to replace Numeric, rather than coexist with it. However, if
> not, then there may be a bug in numpy, and it should be reported. It is
> certainly intended that they don't interfere with one another.
>
> -Chris

Chris,

You were right. It's a Debian bug.

The following library cannot coexist on the system :

/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/numpy/core/multiarray.so

/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/Numeric/multiarray.so

When they are both present, I get the GEOS exception.

I'll report this to the Debian BTS.

Didrik